Saturday, June 18, 2011

Urgent Care Visit



So since April I have had this swollen area on the base of my neck kinda between my shoulder and neck and above my collar bone.  Its just swollen and doesn't hurt or anything.  So at the time I thought maybe I pulled something or something minor like that.  Still hasn't gone away so I was just talking about it on FB  and some friends and family replied that I need to get seen.  A guy who went to school with my mom said that his daughter had something similar and it turned out to be Hodgkin's..

So I decided I would go in today just so they could look at it and tell me "oh its nothing you should be fine"  So the Dr comes in and feels the area then said give me a minute I need to grab someone so I can pick their brain.  So a second Dr comes in and takes a feel too.  They then decided that I need to have some blood work done as well as a CT scan done. He said really there are 2 possibilities.. it could be fine and just a inflamed area or it could possibly be cancer.. or even thyroids but he says with as far down is it that it probably isn't my thyroid but they are still testing for that.

Monday the ear nose and throat Dr is going to give me a call cause I need a appt with them he said.  He sent me home cause the tests were taking to long to come back with results then what he first thought so he said he is going to call me once they come in.

Now I play the waiting game...

2 comments:

  1. If the lump moves up during the swallowing it is attached to thyroid; a nodule with blood flow will be lit by the contrast fluid on CT scan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a doctor, so I can't offer you any advice. Rather just some words of encouragement and that is to say you aren't alone. You have friends and family that will be here to support you when and IF it's determined there is a reason to be worried.

    D

    ReplyDelete