Thursday, January 27, 2011

Date Night & Breakfast Date



So Wednesday we had off together.  So Tuesday night we decided to go to a movie together.  Just the two of us.  Its been awhile since just the two of us without the kids have been to a movie.  AND as a added plus he let me actually choose the movie.  I cant remember the last time I got to choose the movie.  Usually we always go see movies he wants to see.  Action etc.. so we went and saw "No Strings Attached"  Such a cute and funny movie.  And yes he even enjoyed it.  Even though he called it a chick flick.

So that night we decided that we would go to breakfast together while the kids were at school.  So I got up in the morning with the kids and got them off to school then went back in bed with hubby to snuggle for a bit.  We both dozed for about 1 1/2hrs and then he got up to take a shower and I got up as well.  We both got ready for our breakfast date and then headed out the door.  We decided to go to a restaurant near us called The Bakery.  We had not been there yet and my parents go there quite often so we thought it should be pretty good.

I ordered biscuits and gravy with hash browns as usual and hubby got some skillet meal with ham and peppers and stuff.  They were nice size portions too.  So it was nice.. and nice not to cook too =)  I suggest to him that maybe the next days off we have together which is Monday and Tuesday that we go out for drinks and appetizers and just have a nice evening out.  We really have never gone out on "dates" much since we have had children which has been since I was 16 lol so its well earned by now since our children are 12 and above they don't need a sitter anymore.  And we have needed time away to ourselves.

So I look forward to our next date night this next week.  It helps me reconnect with the man I married and feel close to him again.  Like it reminds me I still have things in common with him and we can still have fun together.

No comments:

Post a Comment