Monday, January 10, 2011

Doing good



I want to do something good with my life.  Something that will bring others happiness when they might need a helping hand.  I have always thought there is some sort of reason for my life.

I am the product of a date rape.  My mom was 16 when she had me and her and my grandparents decided to choose life for me.  The parents of my "father" wanted her to get a abortion.  But my family does not believe in that (Thank God!)  So I was born.

At first they were thinking about adoption for me.  From what I was told by my grandma I actually went and lived with a couple in a town not to far away from where I was born for a week.  After that week I was back and my grandma knew that they could not give me up.  They decided that they would raise me since at the time my mom was not really ready to be a parent.

I am so very grateful that my grandparents raised me.  I think I had a very good life.  I was raised well and we went to church every Sunday.  I was happy I enjoyed my life as I knew it then.

Looking on my life there must have been a very good reason God put in my moms heart and my grandparents heart to give me life and to keep me.  I must have some other purpose on this earth.

Now I would like to own my own shop.  I would give anything to have my own cupcake shop in our town.  My goal is to get one set up before I am 40.  So I have a few years to hopefully get everything I need and to research everything.

When I have my own shop I would also like to do good for the community.  I would love to have a children's day once a month where possibly lower income children can come and make and decorate cupcakes.  to have a special time where they can grow in many talents.  They can make something they are proud of and can also take home and eat.

I would also like to donate some cupcakes to the food bank here.  For those families who have young children with birthdays.  It always makes someone feel good especially a child when they know something was made for them.

And yet another thing I would like to do and I hope to start this soon,  possibly for next winter.  Is collect winter coats hats mittens etc for the children in my community.  It gets really cold in our area (can be as cold as -40) and having a nice new coat and mittens to keep warm is can warm their hearts as well.  I am thinking of calling it the "Warm hearts project"

And lastly another goal that I have been wanting to do for such a very long time but not sure how to get started on it is to gather donations for young/teen mothers who do not have the necessary things needed.  To help them get a jump on things.  Things they might need if they don't have a supporting family or the means necessary to get what their babies need.  Clothing, blankets baby items etc.

I know I have a lot of goals and dreams and if I am lucky maybe at least 1/2 of them will come true.  because when everyone in the world helps and sees the world as a better place it becomes a better place.  We all need to start paying it forward a little bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment