Friday, January 21, 2011

Young Love



My husband and I have been together since I was 13 and he was 15 almost 16.  It was late summer of 1991 when we first met.  He was actually dating a "kinda" friend of mine.  He decided to break it off with her while we were all at the mall.  Well she left and it was just him, his friend and me and another friend of mine.  Later that day my friend and I were talking and I said that I kinda liked him.  So she called up his friend (they were dating at the time) and told him.. within a few mins he asked me out and we started dating lol..  (ahh to be young again)

Well the news caught wind and the other girl his ex found out.  She decided to call the radio station and dedicate a song to him (Someday by Mariah Carey) and also to tell me on air that I should go flush my head down the toilet.  (lol)

We never spoke since then.  But it wasn't a great loss to me since we didn't talk often and weren't very close.

We dated for a couple months then he broke up with me.. cause his friend said that he shouldn't be dating a 8th grader cause he would "get no where".. so of course my husband (then BF) listened to his dumb friend .. but that really didn't last long.. about a month and we were back together again.  That Christmas I remember I gave him a ID bracelet.. it was like puppy love.  We did everything together.  School dances, mall, movies, church.. just hanging out, and eventually camping about 2yrs later which led to how our oldest son was "created"  (I will go into that topic on my next posting)

So we have a long history together.  a total of 20yrs together this August.. and 15 of them married (16 this October)  hes all I've ever really known and hes all I really want to know.  We have defeated many odds together and been through so much in our lives.  I do believe that he is my soul mate but I believe that its something we both have had to work at and learn.  We started off as children and now we are adults and our likes/dislikes and views change.. and we have had to deal with all of that.  But I must say that looking back I am actually much happier now (since first married) then I was in the beginning.  We both have matured in many ways.

We still have a LONG ways to go but life is a journey.  If it was easy then it wouldn't be called a journey and it wouldn't be a learning experience and might be a bit boring. I know there will be more tears in the future but I also know there will be times of happiness and joy too.  Its those things that I must always remember instead of dwelling on the bad things.

**On a side note I must share that since my husband has taken off the french tip on his toes he has not put any polish of any kind back on.. its nice to have it that way even if its only for a few days**

No comments:

Post a Comment