Friday, January 28, 2011

Shave & Sacrifice



So I noticed last night that my husbands leg hair is growing.  And now I cant help but to wonder hes doing this out of sacrifice to me.  And then I start to think so matter which side wife or husband one or the other has to make a sacrifice.  And I think that a lot of CDing marriages have that.

With a wife that is trying to be supportive even though she may not be 100% comfortable with the whole idea.  Her saying to her husband "Its ok I want you to be happy" And maybe a part or a small part of her is doing it just so that she can make the man she loves happy cause that's what she likes to see is him happy.  Even though they may set boundaries she is still sacrificing a part of her happiness.

But then you have the husband who wants to CD and he loves his wife a lot and wants to make her happy.  So if she says or kinda mentions that something bothers her a bit even though he feels like something is being taken away from him he does something to make her happy and sacrifices a bit of himself to make her happy.

They both really do this without notice.  Maybe one day the wife hopes that the husband will notice the sadness in her eyes even though shes trying so hard to hide it and be strong and make him happy.  And he hopes one day that she will understand his wants to dress in what he wants without worry of making her sad.

So this is a hard situation.  And its not really a win win situation unless either the wife puts herself and feelings on the line and says "Its ok go ahead and dress and do as you please I want you to be happy"  Or the husband says one day "You know I know you are trying to make me happy but I can see the sadness in your eyes this brings and I don't want that"  So who wins no one really.  There are small sacrifices on each side.  Who's to say who gives more and who gives less.  I think in the end there is no right or wrong I think that it comes down to what your heart tells you.

So while I am happy that my husband hasn't shaved his legs in a while I am kinda sad cause it makes me feel selfish that I told him that it even bothered me and I didn't find it as attractive.  True that I did love his leg hair he never had a bunch hes not a hairy guy but I did miss it.. its something over the years of our relationship I got use to.  But deep in my mind I keep thinking is he doing this cause he loves me or doing this with the thought in the back of his head saying "fine! whatever!" and will hold it against me later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment